Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thanks, Ida...

It's 7:30 here...I just traded in last nights pjs for tonights. The boys and I never got dressed today, and it was wonderful! Believe it or not, I don't think we've done that since William was a newborn. Just loafed...inside all day. So thank you, Ida, for being a non-event and allowing us that luxury!

So, what did we do....

played with blocks
made pumpkin bread
did puzzles
played with trucks
fixed this for lunch

(Crimson Tide pasta...given to us for Christmas by Dee awhile ago!)

made up stories with pictures using Philip's vocabulary words from school



splashed in water puddles

Not much to report over the last week. On Thursday, we went to Dreamland to see Big Al. Philip did great...Daniel was skiddish. Didn't scream, just didn't want near Big Al. The real Big Al was sick...his stand in looked a little feminine! Oh well, a good time was had by all.
Chris and I left the kiddos and went to T-town for the day to watch the AL v. LSU game. It was great to get away and spend time with Chris, Susan, and Rob. The victory made it all the better! Wish I had a picture, but we didn't pack the camera.

I missed the St. Anne's art sale at church for the game...too good of an opportunity! I was pleased to find out, though, that all of my burp cloths, bibs, kitchen towels, and gowns sold. Such a good feeling to know your work is worth something to someone! I donated over $150 to St. Anne's and that feels good too!

Philip had Mary over to play last Friday afternoon. They had a great time...played and argued like old friends. Here's a picture of them in the Gator...cracked me up how Mary instinctively got in the passenger side and said, "Drive me, Hup." Hup is how she says 'Philip'.

I like Mary...she's got some spunk. She kept knocking down Philip's snadcastles and smiling afterwards! She's also extremely sweet. In the atrium on Sundays and Mondays, she comes to me, grabs my hand, and leads me to her work. She has had the lesson...just wants me to sit with her while she works with the materials. I think it is so sweet!

Speaking of Mary, we went to her birthday party on Sunday. Both boys were supposed to go, but Daniel had been such a handful that morning. Chris and I decided that if he wasn't up from his nap in time, then we would let him sleep. He didn't wake up, so Philip and I went alone. Afterwards, Philip told me, "I'm glad it was just me and you at the party, Momma. I liked having some quiet time with my friends." So sweet!

Mary dressed as a bride at her 4th birthday party! She's playing "Pin the Veil on the Bride."

GranGran and PopPop are in Cincinnati visiting with the Watsons. I really wanted to hideaway in their suitcase, but my people wouldn't let me. I hope to get up there before Russell is big. Anyways, we miss them! Hope GranGran and PopPop are having a good time and drive home safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment