Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Friday, October 14, 2011

A Busy Week

Wow...what a week it's been.  There's been a field trip for Daniel, playdate for William, Book Fair for Philip, Philip's week as "Cotton's Cutie Pie" which involved gathering pictures and other things to show his friends and a special snack for the class, a dinner party for ten guests, singing on the red steps, and a Daddy that traveled for four days!  We survived.  Many thanks to those of you that called to check on us while Daddy was away.  We aren't used to him traveleing, but we did great!

Last night I somehow pulled off a dinner for some church friends and out-of-town guests.  It was quite comical leading up to the event.  I worked hard to have the house cleaned, dinner prepared, etc., but let's face it that 5-7 pm time around here is crazy.  I read the boys bedtime stories while they had a picnic dinner on the kitchen floor and I nursed John.  I wiped two bottoms, gave a lost pizza man directions to a neighbor's house, lit candles, and pulled out an appetizer all in a five minutes time.  But by the grace of God, when my guests (and Chris) arrived at 6:45, the house was ready and the boys were spotless.  The grins on their faces as they saw their Daddy for the first time in four days were priceless.  They got to give him a hug, say hello, and then they miraculously went straight to bed!!

We woke this morning early to prepare for Philip's first opportunity to sing on the red steps.  This event is big at St. Paul's!  I remember doing it many years ago myself!  I almost got a little teary hearing all those (PK-2nd grade) children singing in their sweet voices. 

Daniel, William, and John were great throughout the chapel service.  I couldn't see Philip very well, but I'll share a few shots from the day.  (The kids are out of uniform for Homecoming!)


Well, the fun continues.  Tonight is Westminister's Fall Festival, so we'll be dressing up in our costumes to go play some carnival games.  Then, Daddy mentioned making our yearly trek out to Seward Farms on Saturday, so stay posted for more Gill fun!

1 comment:

  1. Love all of your updates. The chocolate lego man turned out AWESOME. My boys are going to be jealous about that.

    Glad Chris is home.

    ReplyDelete