Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What We're Loving Right Now...

Visits with family...


Aunt Nancy, Aunt Meme, Caroline, Lauren, and Daniel all popped in for a visit last week.  Love these people!!  We are trying to arrange a visit to Mary Neilson, Brown, and sweet baby Sydney too this week.

Nightly visits to our house...



The walls have been knocked out and I'm starting to grasp how much larger my kitchen is going to be.  Chris loves looking at it "naked" and studying where all the pipes, electrical service, etc. is going.  I just love the progress!!

A Daddy whose work schedule permits him to be around a little bit more...


Chris did not work all weekend and the boys and I were thrilled to have him around.  He and William even got to sneak off for a trip to Uriah while I took the other three to a birthday party.  My favorite part of having him home is lots of cooking in the kitchen!

Barefoot Contessa...

Okay, so I am starting to grasp how in love I am with this woman.  I own two of her cookbooks and I just checked this one out from the library.  This weekend alone we have cooked her Baked Sweet Potato Fries, Shrimp Scampi Linguine, Chicken Piccata, Roasted Carrots, and Dottie surprised us with her angel food cake.  All delicious...all basic ingredients.  Love, love her cooking!!

Walmart...


Well, not really, but I do love that they have a cart that will comfortably fit all of my children.  I usually put JohnJohn in a BabyBjorn to do my shopping when I have all four, but recently he has ben killing my back.  I mean, seriously, the boy weighs about 23 pounds.  Plus, he's in the Baby Bjorn with shoes on.  It just feels funny.  So, while shopping with four isn't always fun, I do love this cart!

Harry Potter...


I read the first book to Philip and Daniel earlier this summer.  In typical Philip fashion (remember Thomas the train, Star Wars, etc.), an obsession was formed.  He loves these books.  Last week, I finished the second book.  Daniel bought number three with his birthday money, but I insisted on a short break from the series.  The next morning, after refusing to read, he spent an hour like this.  He read a chapter to himself.  He confessed that many words were too big, but he tried.  He now wants to reread the first book himself.  While we are on confessions, I have thoroughly enjoyed the series too.  Some nights I've been tempted to read ahead while they are asleep!

The waiting game...

I have no pictures, but I love the anticipation that the soon arrival of a baby brings.  We are on pins and needles waiting to hear about baby Carothers.  Since she is past due, the baby will be induced later this week.  Can't wait to hold the little person!!  Can't wait to find out what their blessing is!!

And believe it or not...our rental house...


I love this house...like love it so much I wish we could buy it too!  The architectural detail is awesome.  It has such charm and I love how close by everything is.  The yard is awesome too.  Plenty of room for some incredible kickball games.  Plus this swing that believe it or not...all my boys love to swing in.  It gets very twisted and they love to spin in it!  I generally don't deal with change very well, so I am pleasantly surprised at how happy I am here!

What are you loving these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment