Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Friday, November 16, 2012

Family Fun and Thanksgiving Celebrations

I can't believe it's been over two weeks since I have blogged!  Our days have been full and time has been short.  We are settling back into our house, and I think we all agree it's good to be home.

I love my new kitchen.  I commented to Chris the other night that I rarely go on the other side of the house.  I spend all my time in the new space...cook, clean, laundry, and computer...where else do I need to be other than my bed??

Last weekend, Chris put together the new barstools and the boys love them!


We don't eat many meals there, but it is so nice for them to have a place to sit while I cook.

We also had some company last weekend!


Meme, Neilson, and Nancy joined us for Sunday lunch.  As always, it was great to see them and catch up.  My boys love Meme and Aunt Nancy and it thrills me to see them have a relationship. 


Family is such a blessing!

John turned 18 months this week. 


Where does the time go?  He is about the cutest dude ever.  He talks up a storm...most is unintelligible but it is cute nonetheless.  My favorite is when standing in front of the mirror and asked who he is, he replies, "Daws."  I call him 'Dawsie Doodle' and am now afraid I've got him confused!

This week brought a lot of school fun.  Yesterday we had a surprise shower for Daniel's teacher who is getting married next month.  How cute are these little peeps??


Today Chris and I went to St. Paul's for the landing of the Mayflower.


Daniel and his classmates were dressed in their Pilgrim attire.  Their big brothers and sisters were dressed as Indians.

Chris and I were happy to meet Daniel's big brother, Jordan.  Jordan is the star of the football team and is the nicest young man.  Chris and I enjoyed talking to him about football, college, and his family!


And speaking of Indians, remember this contest from last year.  Well, we have another Gill chief...or really co-chief.  Daniel and another classmate tied in the "positive behavior" contest.  We sure are proud of our little guy!


From there it was time for a Thanksgiving feast at Trinity.  How cute are these turkeys??


A busy day, but a fun one.  And because I don't want to leave him out, this guy celebrated Native American day today.  From all accounts, it was a hit too!


And now, I can truly say that I am thrilled that we are out of school for a week.  I am excited to see friends from a far and family too.  Thanksgiving is one of my favorites!!

No comments:

Post a Comment