Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

An Adventure

Philip, Daniel, and I have been reading Uncle Wiggly's Adventures every night before bed.  There are 30-something tales about a "bunny rabbit gentleman" that leaves his "hollow stump bungalow" each day looking for adventures.  There's always a moral, but each tale leaves the impression of helping others generally comes full circle.

Today, as we were driving up the hill for morning carpool, the boys begged me to go straight instead of turning into St. Paul's.  "Let's go on an adventure, Mom."  Yea, right.  Your mom was not made for adventure!

Then while cleaning the shower today, I got a call from Father Bailey.  Apparently the construction workers and our Sexton, Amos, were so touched by the boys' generosity yesterday (the doughnuts) that they wanted the boys to come put their hand prints in the wet cement in front of the church.

I typically do not pull the boys out of school for anything.  Tuition's just too expensive to waste!  But this was an adventure that I could not resist.


I chose to not let them write their names.  Chris and I have often said that we do not want our name anywhere in the church for so many reasons.  But now, I know that these four prints belong to my four boys.  And, sweet Trinity, my home away from home, I will always smile when walking in your doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment