Lots of cousin time. The beautiful thing about summer in Mobile is everyone seems to travel south at some point to hit the beach. We are lucky to get to see so much family. We took a day trip to Dauphin Island last week to spend the day with the McCalls. I didn't take a single picture which is unfortunate because there were lots of opportunities. Meredith and Austin sweetly kayaked my boys around the area in front of their house. My boys were in heaven.
A few days later we headed to Perdido Key to see the Laseter/Melton/Hawkins crowd. Every summer I comment on how much I love these folks. We have fun together. I loved meeting sweet Sydney who did not seem bothered at all by the addition of four little boys to her world. I love this summer tradition!
That same night we celebrated cousin Campbell's first birthday!! How did that happen?? This sweet girl is truly an angel. I never hear her cry. She too just takes my boys in. Susan threw a fabulous party...are you surprised??...and we had a blast!
We've tried to take some day trips...to Fort Conde...
| William and John waving to Daddy at his office! |
| these two have outgrown the Wharf of Wonder...so they read while littles play! |
| Mom...we are tired of pictures and the sun is too bright!! |
We had our first sleepover. Long story, but our friends Lynn and Mark needed our help so we kept all three of their children for the night. It was remarkable easy.
And then there are the simple days...playing in the rain...
and watching houses be torn down next door to our church...
And last but certainly not least...we have this guy wearing big boy pants!! So proud of him. A messy few days but we have been accident free for a couple of days.
| in the early days, he preferred the little potty with some privacy! |
After almost eight years of changing diapers, I am not the least bit sentimental about this milestone!
I love summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment