Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Confessions

It's confession time.  I have always wanted to make beautiful, iced cookies.  If you've ever been to Pollman's in Mobile, you know what I'm talking about...great taste but beautiful too.

I have a pretty good cookie recipe that never upsets.  It's the decorating that gets me.



Recently, I signed up for cookies for William and John's Easter parties.  I was determined to plan ahead and take my time.  I purchased the equipment...decorating tips, icing bags, gel food coloring, etc.  I even ordered this off amazon.com.


Yesterday the process began...



And the finished product...drumroll please...



They didn't turn out too bad.  I do have to say that between all the steps and all the time cooking and cleaning, I'm beginning to think that Pollman's price of $1.50/cookie is about right!

Stay tuned for more adventures.  I'm still determined to reach perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment