When the boys and I returned from the lake, Chris and I decided that it would be best if we got lost again due to the mess caused by the windows. So, Mom graciously offered to travel with me and the boys to the beach.
We had a great time. Mom was a big help in that she would stay in the condo with a napping William while I took the big boys to the pool. Chris and I generally argue over who gets that quiet time when we are on vacation, but knowing that wasn't an option, I really enjoyed my time at the pool and on the beach with Philip and Daniel.
They both loved the pool. Philip is swimming all over the place and Daniel loves floating on his noodle. We were able to stay down there for hours which was nice.
Philip loved playing on the beach. The waves had created a bit of a bluff and he loved sliding down those.
Daniel did not enjoy playing on the beach. He was very concerned about the oil. The sun reflecting off the sand also seems to bother his eyes. He would play for a short time, but it was then back to the pool.
Speaking of the oil, if you didn't know about the spill, I think you could have remained clueless. It was no where to be seen or smelt. I did come across quite a bit when the boys and I began digging deep tunnels, but other than that, it wasn't around.
Wednesday brought us home and we regrouped for our trip to Birmingham. On Saturday, we headed up for Mary Frances' baptism. We made a stop at Barcley's where she entertained us with rabbit hunts, balance beam walking, and fort building in her dining room!
Then it was dinner with the Trimms. So much fun to see them and their brood. The boys all had a blast playing with their toys!
Sunday morning we headed to Church of the Advent for Mary Frances' baptism. It was a beautiful service...very powerful to watch an almost five year old respond to those difficult questions in our baptism liturgy. She did great!!
We then headed to lunch at the Springfields. I didn't take too many pictures...too many little people to watch. I wish I had one of all the children there playing baseball in their church clothes!
A great weekend spent with great friends! To say we are tired is an understatement!!
No comments:
Post a Comment