Sweet Daniel, here's how I found you after "the incident"
You had fallen asleep. Long day I suppose.
It began this morning when I made the declaration that Sheep Baa-Baa needed a bath. (For those of you that do not know Sheep Baa-Baa, he is Daniel's new friend. We adopted him after the original Baa-Baa was lost in February. He had a chip inside of him that said a prayer. I haven't washed him five months due to this chip...hence he was filthy.)
You consented but refused to watch. You gave Sheep Baa-Baa a hug and kiss and I took him to my sewing table. Philip assisted me as I cut him open and removed his prayers. Philip reported back to you that "surgery was successful, Mom's sewing him up right now." When the stitches were done, Philip returned him to you for another hug and kiss. Then he was taken to the washing machine. He looks great, but I think the whole thing was a little much for you.
Then, this afternoon..."the incident" occurred. You and I were happily coloring a picture. I answered a phone call...stepped away for a minute to check on something...got off the phone...came back to color...only to discover that you decided to color on the couch...my nice one.
I was furious but kept my cool. I didn't yell...simply put you in time out. I cleaned and reminded you that you are big enough to know what surfaces are appropriate to color on. You didn't cry...listened well. I then told you that when Daddy got home he and I would discuss an appropriate punishment for you. Here's where you got me...
Tears streamed out of your precious eyes. You looked up at me and said in the most serious voice, "Mama, I don't wanna go to the lion's den." I wasn't really listening...I made you repeat it.
I was thinking a little less serious than that, son. Maybe no cartoons...no treats... Maybe no more Bible stories for a little while?? Sweet Daniel, no lion's den for you no matter the severity of the crime.
No comments:
Post a Comment