Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gobble, Gobble!

Well it's time to get cooking! The boys are all home from school and we have declared today "cooking day." Here's a glimpse from last week's special cooking project...ginger snaps. It was William's first time to sit on the counter and taste test for himself!

Even though Thanksgiving isn't until tomorrow, our Thanksgiving celebrations have begun. Last Friday, Daniel's class celebrated their Thanksgiving feast.

Daniel made a good looking turkey!

Yesterday, Philip's class had an Indian pow-pow. He and his classmates dressed in headdresses with their chosen Indian name (ours was 'Friendly Dog'...not 'Chief Toots-a-lot' that Daddy suggested), a decorated Indian vest, a drum, and necklace.

Once everyone was fully outfitted, we made butter! The teachers put some heavy whipping cream in a baby food jar and we all shook the jars for several minutes. Pretty cool...it definitely turned into something like butter! I think it also took some energy out of the little ones!

We then headed to the Great Hall for a snack and some playtime in a tepee!

Philip enjoyed his croissant dipped in his homemade butter. It tasted pretty good!

Can you say...."one little, two little, three little Indians???"


We are all looking forward to being with both families tomorrow. So much to be thankful for! I am also anxiously looking ahead to Advent. I'm thinking about some new traditions to make this time of preparation a little more intentional for my children. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment