Today was a busy one. We started early by going to thank God for all of our blessings at church. There was no nursery and at times we were quite rowdy! I do have to admit, though, that Philip and Daniel looked downright angelic carrying the wine and bread, respectively, down the aisle as Chris, William, and I followed behind.
From church, we headed to GranGran and PopPop's for lunch. We were joined by Aunt Elizabeth, and Aunt Susan and Uncle Rob. Susan cooked her first turkey and it was delicious!! We had lots of time to eat and visit.

Elizabeth offered to keep Philip while Chris and I took the little guys home for naps. An aside, but Elizabeth was here all week. She, Philip, and Daniel spent a lot of time together...including two trips to Old Dutch. The boys loved their time with her!
After naps, it was time for round two at Cameron and Heather's. After Philip was born, Chris and I swore off attending two Thanksgiving meals, and we began rotating. This year fell to my family, but given the circumstances, we decided to do both. We were glad we could...although we could hardly move afterwards!
Heather set a beautiful table, Cameron smoked about the best turkey I've ever had, and we enjoyed time with both of them and Dottie.
It was a long day, but a good one. We are all still feeling the effects of colds and are hoping to be feeling better soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment