Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fun in the Sun

Last Sunday, we went to the Chinese buffet for lunch after church.  My fortune cookie stated, "This Saturday will bring great excitement."  I'm glad that the excitement included a trip here...

   

instead of the hospital!  When Chris suggested that we take the boys to tour the USS Alabama (aka the Battleship), all I could conjure up were memories of visiting as a child and the heat being unbearable.  Thankfully, we could not have picked a better day.

The boys loved walking around the ship. 


The guns were a huge hit.



I loved watching Chris explaining how everything works to them.



I was quite fond of the quarters for the soldiers.  I'm thinking these would be a great space saving idea for the boys' bedroom...


This guy got a little claustrophobic (wonder where he gets that from??) inside the ship, so he and I spent most of the time exploring the decks.


In addition to the ship, we toured the airplane hangar and the submarine.  We finished off with the tanks.


It was a great way to spend a few hours on a beautiful day.  I'm sure there will be several more trips to visit in the years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment