Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Change of Scenery

Last Wednesday, Mom and I bravely ventured out of town with four little boys in tow.  The destination....the Gulf! 

We had a fabulous trip.  I have to admit that the first 24 hours were a little rough.  I came to appreciate all that Chris does for me when we travel...loading and unloading the car, unloading groceries, setting up pack and play, putting rails on bed, etc.  Once we settle in though, we had a ball.

There were trips to the beach to play in the sand and gulf...




and many trips to the pool where Philip and Daniel further perfected their swimming skills.



I was a little nervous about being away from home with the boys, but we did great.  GranGran was a huge help...she would stay up in the condo with John while he napped and I took the other boys to the beach or pool.  It worked well.  Chris joined us Friday afternoon.  It was great to have another set of hands around! It even allowed for GranGran to leave the condo!


On Saturday, PopPop showed up to retrieve GranGran...


and then the Springfield clan came to play and eat lunch.  We must have been quite a site at the pool with eight children under six!  How fun that everybody has their own playmate when these two families get together!



I think William is informing Walker that the oven is hot!


When we got home, Philip and Daniel were thrilled to be reunited with their Legos.  While they played, Chris got a little help cleaning the boat!



The change of scenery was huge for me.  I came home feeling as well rested as these two...



We can't wait to go back for our week long trip in August!!

1 comment: