Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Friday, September 9, 2011

Carpool,Potty Training and a Tropical Storm

Sorry for the lapse in writing.  Can I say that things have been crazy??

First, carpool.  Many have asked how we're doing.  Well...we've fallen into somewhat of a routine, I guess.  It still is wild some days and the hour in the morning and hour and a half in the afternoon between shifts gets old.  It's not long enough for John to nap and running errands with the three little ones isn't really fun.  Most days, we just come home and hang out!


By the time we make it to SPS, we're all a little done.  Daniel typically falls asleep, William talks and talks, and John screams.  Here's a little clip for your viewing pleasure...


Sometimes we let little John out of his seat and pass him around!


Worse than carpool is getting home at 3:00 with four tired little boys.  John is typically screaming, William needs a nap, and Daniel is hungry and exhausted and whiny and demanding and thirsty and on and on.  It's pretty intense, but as I said we're getting it.

To add to our craziness, we've been potty training! 

Don't they look excited about this huge milestone??
It started Labor Day weekend...right in time for Tropical Storm Lee to bring three consecutive days of non-stop rain.  What was I thinking???  We spent our days at home and inside...except when we could take it no longer.  Out we went into the puddles...



Have to say that this guy loved being at home for three days straight.  Naps in his bed make him happy!


As for the potty training, we went full force...no diapers.  It was a little messy on the first day, but William has caught on quick.  It's day six, and we haven't had an accident in two days!  He's done great!  I haven't enjoyed the process but I know in the long run we will be better off!

Well that's about it, friends.  I'll try to be a better writer but these boys are demanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment