Life's been crazy recently. To deal with the craziness, I have adopted a new mantra...glimpses. I spend my days looking for glimpses....glimpses of greatness, glimpses of the Almighty at work, glimpses of pure happiness in my children, etc. These glimpses are all around me, if I take the time to look.
I smile at the glimpses of the bond between brothers...
glimpses of simplicity at a day at the playground...
and some snuggle time before a crazy day of carpools...
glimpses of creativity...
glimpses of the Almighty in a baby's smile...
and in another's prayers...
These glimpses get me through the day. It's these moments that pull me through the crying and the fussing. And it works both ways...I am trying to remember that the tough times are also just glimpses. They, too, are fleeting. They, too, will pass.
"Enjoy the ride!" I tell myself often. These boys are growing, changing and I won't get these days back. So hang on and enjoy it...all of it! The spit up, the fighting and arguing, the massive amounts of laundry...all of it! I am trying hard...but it takes constant reminding!



No comments:
Post a Comment