Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Monday, January 2, 2012

An Invitation

"Life is nothing without friendship." -Cicero

Two years ago, I wrote here that I thought the Springfields were crazy to invite our wild family of five to the lake for New Years.  Well they did it again...this time the six of us traveled to the lake for a relaxing New Year celebration.

We had a blast...relaxing...watching our eight kids play together.  Caroline has filled her mother-in-law's big shoes as an incredible hostess. 

I'll share some shots without the commentary...










Upon returning home, Chris asked each of the boys what their favorite part of the trip was.  Here were their answers...

Philip: playing Wii
Daniel: gathering wood for the bonfire and the boat ride
Philip: oh yea, I liked those a lot too!
William: the bonfire
Daddy: spending time with all of my family
Mommy:  sorry to confess, but I think it was those 15 minutes on the porch where no one knew where I was and the late night talking with Caroline!

Caroline and Frank, you are the best of friends.  Friends that we can be completely ourselves with.  We don't get embarrassed when the kids have potty accidents, overstimulation melt-downs, or when Chris falls asleep on the couch before 9:00 pm.  We are grateful for our friendship and look forward to many more chances to get away together!

No comments:

Post a Comment