At the beginning of the Christmas vacation, I was asked by a friend if I was "one of those mothers that actually enjoys having my kids home from school." Absolutely!!
Christmas break was great. I loved that we could spend the mornings in the bed....all four boys and me! We snuggled...we stumbled downstairs and decided spur of the moment what sounded good for breakfast. We ate things like cereal for breakfast (not usually done during the week!) and cheese and crackers for lunch.
We played outside a lot. We read. We took naps...sometimes all of us...except Philip of course. We built things out of Legos...our most impressive structure was a building with an elevator. There was no plan. We bathed early and drove around looking at Christmas lights before Chris came home. We baked lots of sweets. All in all, we just had fun.
Here some pictures from our simple times at home...
| William and Daniel grill with Daddy |
| Philip and Daniel paint their own target for shooting practice |
![]() |
| Three of the four battled ear infections over the break....thank God for PopPop! |
There are defining moments in a parent's life...moments when things change and we must adjust. Off the top of my head, I can think of several...of course the moment I became a parent; the birth of Daniel and learning how to care for more than one child; Philip dropping his afternoon nap and the reality that I now had a child by my side from sun up to after sun down; and now Philip being off at Kindergarten.
He now spends more waking time at school than he does at home. I miss my boy and that is what makes vacation so much fun. I realize how fast these years are going and how I really just want to soak it all in.
Our short vacation makes me long for summer....warmer weather, no plans, and four precious little boys! Can't wait!
He now spends more waking time at school than he does at home. I miss my boy and that is what makes vacation so much fun. I realize how fast these years are going and how I really just want to soak it all in.
Our short vacation makes me long for summer....warmer weather, no plans, and four precious little boys! Can't wait!




No comments:
Post a Comment