Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Monday, February 20, 2012

Let the Good Times Roll!

Mardi Gras is here...and we are enjoying it!  This year Mardi Gras coincided with President's Day which allowed for lots of our out of town friends to come and enjoy the festivities...making it extra special.

On Friday, Daniel had a parade at his school.  GranGran, John, and I attended.




Friday night brought a parade for all of us!  John's first!  We met the Watson's downtown for their first parade too.


Saturday was rainy...all parades were canceled.  We spent the day with the Watson's at our house.  The cousins had a blast playing!  That night everyone gathered here for dinner.  The whole family was here except for Daniel who was on call in Mississippi.  We had a great time visiting, eating, and watching the cousins run around!


Sunday night I bravely took the four down for the rescheduled MOT parade.  Chris was out of town, but I had Elizabeth and John and Susan and Rob with me.  MD and the kids met up with us.  The boys were still a bit afraid of the dragons, but they loved catching the throws.  It was a fun night!


Sweet John was a trooper.  He didn't fuss...despite it being well past his bedtime.  He fell asleep in the Baby Bjorn during the parade!


We finished up our celebrations today with the floral parade.  Mom and I took the boys downtown to watch.  Three boys on our street were parading so we had lots of people to scream for!


I think the boys got a little too comfortable with their parading skills.  At one point, William climbed under the barricade to get a moonpie during the parade.  Thankfully, we were able to get him back over quickly!!

Now we are done!  I'm not braving the streets tomorrow.  We'll be hunkered down at home enjoying a little well deserved vacation from school and carpool lines!  Happy Mardi Gras, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment