I spent two hours last Friday, while John napped and others were at school, perusing old sewing magazines and websites looking for Easter ideas. I've done the math...I have made 5 French hand sewn bubbles, 3 FHS button on suits, 1 FHS romper, 5 FHS shirts, and 1 Eaton suit. People, I am out of ideas!! There's very little inspiration out there, too.
So while I am usually pumped about Easter sewing, I am having a hard time this year. Saturday was Peanut Butter n Jelly Kids annual Super Bowl Sale. I went and did a little damage. I've got some ideas...just need to get started.
After the sale, I forced myself to finish some projects first. Here's some sweet corduroy pants I made for William to go with all of his lace church shirts. This fabric is gorgeous...picture doesn't do it justice.
John got two new bubbles. The first was smocked by my friend Susan. When she was pregnant with her first, she smocked several inserts for a baby boy...along with girl stuff too. God blessed her with two baby girls, so she gave me this insert and fabric. I put together the romper for John. I love it!!
Hop off the floor, friends, it isn't mine!!! My sister is expecting her first, and I can't wait to do a little sewing for this much anticipated little one.
No comments:
Post a Comment