Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Sad Goodbye

About seven years ago, I remember standing in Irving Hall at church and telling someone that we were expecting our first child.  Mrs. Maddox, another church member, overheard and came to tell me that Scott and Jason were also expecting their first.  I knew who the Weekley's were, but I did not know them well at all.

Well, our first babies brought us together!  Scott and Jason have become dear friends of ours over the years at Trinity.  Philip and Mary were buds for so long at school together.  It has been so much fun to watch them grow up.


Scott and I have had many playdates together with her girls and my boys.  We've had many phone 'therapy' sessions over the dramas at our church.  We've developed quite a friendship, and it sure stinks to see them go.  They move to Arkansas next week...insert tears here...

So, to send them off, we had a pizza party last night.  Ever since my boys read this...
Curious George and the Pizza Party

they have been dying to have a pizza party.  I thought it was a perfect idea for feeding six children six and under!





It was so much fun.  I definitely see a pizza party in our future again.

Goodbye, dear friends, we'll miss you! 



Can't wait for your visit this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment