Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Simple Days

I've written to you before about what a change full day school has been for me.  Lots of days I am left feeling like I have little quality time with the boys...too much rush time getting everyone in and out of the car for carpool.  Many days, I am left longing for the simple, ordinary days where not much is accomplished other than together time.

What to do?   I try to grasp it whenever I can.  Yesterday, no one napped in the afternoon.  Instead of  Despite being extremely frustrated at my inability to get anything done, I offered a trip down to the park...one of our favorite pasttimes that we simply can't fit in much these days! 


The fun continued at home where little boys found lots of water puddles to splash in!



After carting John and William around running errands yesterday, I promised John (who cries whenever I put him in his carseat) that today would be spent at home.  We napped and picnic'ed at home...




Sometimes when it is just me and the two littlest, I am taken back to those slower days with just Philip and Daniel.  Days when we had all the time in the world to explore the outdoors, read lots of books, and simply be together.  There's no doubt in my mind that our pace in those years created the bond that is so strong between Philip and Daniel.  I am trying desperately to give these two little guys that same gift...despite all the carpool runs!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a great job. Look how happy all your boys are!

    ReplyDelete