Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Friday, April 20, 2012

A Breath of Fresh Air

Oh friends, it has been a long week.  Getting back into the swing of things after Springbreak has been hard.  Harder for some...like this guy...


We have had a week of tears at school.  Daniel has cried everyday that I have dropped him off this week.  Some days he got himself together after I left, but two days he was inconsolable most of the time.  We have had talk after talk and disciplinary actions at home.  It appears to be just separation anxiety...not really anything going on at school...just being away from me.  Makes it hard on me and on him.

Thankfully today was a field trip.  You'll probably remember Philip's trip to Brantley Farms here.  It was so nice to not have to drop him off.  I have to admit that I was still a little nervous that he would cling to me and not stick with his friends.

Boy was I wrong!  He did great.  Had a ton of fun and couldn't have behaved better.  I was so proud of him...such a relief.

Here are some fun shots from our trip...






Now here's hoping that next week will be better!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures especially the last one! I'm so glad Friday was a better day.

    ReplyDelete