Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Thursday, April 26, 2012

No Longer Two!

I think two year olds get a bad rap.  I have loved the stage that two brings...they can be difficult, but they are so innocent.  William was definitely a fun two year old!  But on Monday, we celebrated his turning three.  It was a fun day.  He truly got that it was his birthday and loved all the special attention.

Since Monday is a school day for him, I sent him on.  John and I joined his class at lunch.  We brought some cupcakes for he and his friends to share.



Monday night the family arrived for dinner.  Dee, GranGran, PopPop, Cameron and Heather, and Susan and Rob joined us for tacos...William's choice!

In typical Gill birthday fashion, there was dinner, cake and ice cream, a birthday video, and presents!







Perhaps your sweetest present was this one...


a handmade card from Philip.  As he worked on it, you begged to see it.  He read it to you when it was completed...

It says, "Happy Birthday William.  I hope you have a good birthday William and remember when you were two but have a great time being three.  From Philip."

William, I know three will be just as much fun as two with you.  You are my constant companion.  Always by my side...always talking about something.  You love Curious George, all of your brothers, being outside, the hunting camp and beach house, Uncle Cameron, and any sort of adventure.  You are always up for a trip to Wal-mart or Lowe's with your parents.  You get lots of comments from strangers on your curls.  You are quick to tell them that 'it's just hair' or 'my Daddy' when asked where they came from.  You are an incredibly sweet soul that I feel so blessed to have!  Happy Birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment