This past weekend Chris and I escaped for the first time in almost six years. We've only left the kids once since having Philip....and that was for a quick overnight at the Grand Hotel when Philip was 10 months old. Six years, my friends, it was well overdue.
Leaving four boys six and under is no easy task. First, there's childcare to cover. Then carpools. Then meals. Laundry must be done...meals prepared ahead of time. Lots of details, but oh so worth it.
Ms. Tara, Daniel's teacher, stayed the majority of the time with the boys. However, family...GranGran, Aunt Nancy, Dee, Cameron and Heather, and Susan and Rob helped out too. Their help was invaluable...it helped break things up for the boys. They did fine...Philip and William seemed to actually enjoy it! Daniel was a different story. He cried when I left...cried when Ms. Tara arrived...and later told me that my coming home was his favorite part of the weekend. :(
On to the trip! We traveled to Texas for Chris' college friend and roommate, Jonathan's, wedding.
There was lots of traveling...we drove to Pensacola, flew to Houston, and then drove to Brenham, TX where the wedding took place. Friday night, we joined friends for the rehearsal dinner. A nice evening. I have to admit that I got a little teary during Chris' toast...he definitely has a way with words!
We stayed at the Murski Bed and Breakfast in Brenham. It was a quaint B and B on a farm. The porch was my favorite place...I spent a little bit of precious quiet time out there reading my book!
On Saturday, we ventured to College Station. We toured the construction site of a project that Chris has been working on for several years. It was so impressive and so fun to see a little bit of his work! We also went here...
the George Bush Presidential Library. Chris and I enjoyed walking around the museum and learned a lot. After lunch with friends, it was back to the B and B to get ready for the wedding.
The wedding was beautiful....outside with gorgeous weather. Another fun night with old friends...
The weekend was such a wonderful getaway. I commented several times to Chris that my favorite thing about being away was going to public bathrooms by myself!! The boys survived, but were pretty worn out when we returned. Time to get things back to normal!




I'm so glad y'all were able to get away. Do you think we will every get to do it together? Frank and I have such fun memories from Boston!
ReplyDelete