Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Monday, February 25, 2013

Been Too Long...Sorry

Oh friends, sorry, for the delay in writing.  Days have been full and time at the computer has been limited (especially since I discovered seasons 1, 2, and 3 of Downton Abbey on Comcast OnDemand!...see it isn't always the boys keeping me busy!)

First, Mardi Gras break.  It rained for three days straight.  We snuck in a quick trip to Monday's Floral parade.  Last minute decision but we still landed a spot up front.  It rained but not too hard.


By Wednesday, the boys were climbing the walls.  Literally.  In one day, I found John on the sideboard, dining room table, accent table in the living room, the island, and the second shelf of William's bookshelf.  We needed a place to get our energy out and quick!

I welcomed a friend's invite to join her and others for a trip to the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center in Gulfport.  Good times...








Friday brought good weather and a trip to Fairhope to visit with Big Mama.  Of course, we had to stop at the awesome playground across the street!









I loved having my boys at home and loved watching them play together.  Their bonds are strengthening everyday and it makes me smile.

And before we knew it, it was back to school.  William had his first field trip...to the library for storytime.  John and I tagged along.


 
Finally, on Friday, Chris and I escpaed to Sandestin for his firm retreat.  Brave Aunt Susan, Uncle Rob, and baby Campbell swooped in and kept our boys.  How do you say thank you for that??  I am pleased to report that everyone did well.  No tears shed about me being gone.  Sus and Rob survived and hopefully Campbell is no worse for the wear.

On the other hand, Chris and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!


Dinner with adults, sleeping in (a little), long morning runs, a trip to the beach, and time to shop!  I left reminded of what a great husband I have and how blessed I am to have him in my life!

Finally, caught up!

No comments:

Post a Comment