Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Monday, April 15, 2013

In So Many Ways...

He is like his father.


He is dependable, a hard worker with an incredible amount of self control.  He is mild mannered, even-tempered.  He is loving and tends to show his love by doing things to help others.  He is neat...borderline OCD.  His clothes are always put away...toys put back in their place.  His humor is quick and dry.  He is a great eater...adventurous and healthy.  He is intelligent and truly seems to learn to love.  He loves all things sports...watching them and playing them.  He is happy when he is outdoors.


They even look alike.  Sometimes I feel just a little left out.

But then there's this.  Philip spends 95% of his time indoors reading a book.  Finally, I found something I can claim!

His love for reading never ceases to amaze Chris and me.  From the time he read his first chapter book last summer, he has always had a book in hand.  He takes them everywhere he goes.  On rainy days, I jealously look at him lying in bed with a good book.  I have to help entertain his brothers, but I long to curl up in bed with him and read my favorite book.


So it gave me much happiness to give him my old Nook this past weekend.  He read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on it in three days.

Could not love this child any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment