Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Overcrowding Isn't Just for Schools

Remember when I planted my little square garden here?  Well, I went crazy.  Paid no attention to the directions on spacing.  Just threw all those plants in there together...tomatoes, squash, onions, strawberries, bell peppers, cucumbers, and tons of herbs.  It looked great.


And then they grew.  And grew.  And grew.


 Now my garden reminds me of my house.  We bought it seven years ago with only a six month old.  It was huge.  And the yard was huge.  Now...well not so much.  There's a boy or two in every room.  A piece of plastic covering most of the backyard.  Like my plants, they grew.  And grew.  And grew.

Don't even get me started on what it is going to feel like in oh about ten years.  Our enormous living room probably will feel claustrophobic.

At least then I'll have my garden to feed them.

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO impressed with your squash. I've always gotten lots of flowers but no fruit. So fun!

    ReplyDelete