Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Always Be Prepared!

Last week was a nightmare.  I was lunch mom for both Philip and Daniel's class.  I had a Halloween program at William's school on Wednesday, Halloween parades and parties at St. Paul's, and a Halloween party at Westminister.  The week was full.

I laughed to Chris at some point that the only thing that would make it worse if one of the boys was singing on the red steps on Friday.  Thank goodness we didn't have that!

Well God has a sense of humor!

On Friday, hungover from too much sugar, I loaded four reluctant boys in the car for carpool.  I had been on a morning run and was still in my smelling running clothes.  William and John were in their pajamas...no shoes on their feet.  At least Philip and Daniel were ready for school.

In the carpool line, the phone rings.  It's Philip's teacher letting me know that Philip will be the processing with the flag at their chapel service that day.  What to do?

I called Chris and he said, "well you go."  So go we did.  Stinky, barefoot, pjs and all.


Big boy did a great job.  I thought I videoed it, but apparently I did not.  The only photo I got was of him practicing.


Future acolyte in the making!

No comments:

Post a Comment