Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Monday, November 4, 2013

The Boys of Fall

My two oldest are obsessed with all things football right now.  They watch any game we allow...high school, college or the pros.  They ask Chris a million questions as they watch and seem to be learning a lot about the game.  While I don't think either will have a future career as a football player, it gives Chris and I pleasure to see them enjoying something that Chris (who never played organized football) loves!


About a month ago, we allowed them to stay up and watch "The Manning Story" on ESPN.  If you have not seen it, check it out.  (Should be available on OnDemand.)  We all loved it.  Such a testament to the relationship between brothers and the bond between fathers and sons.  Good stuff.

From Philip's reading test...using vocabulary words in a sentence
One thing I loved about the show were all the clips of the Manning boys playing football in the backyard. Peyton wasn't even allowed to play organized ball until 7th grade.  The clips were great and inspired me to do more videoing.  Again...not because I think Philip and Daniel will one day bring home Super Bowl rings but simply because it is fun to watch them play!

So here some of my clips...



And then there's this...kind of comical!



No comments:

Post a Comment