You see I have never raised a 2 1/2 year old without a baby on my hip. When his brothers were this age, my days were a sleep deprived blur where barely anyone went to school. Now, everyone is in school and lots of days it's just him and me. Batman and Wonder Woman. Mickey and Minnie. Firefighter and Police Officer.
John is so in to make believe right now. He loves his costumes and prefers that we all play along. He says things like, "Minnie, I love you." And "Wonder Woman, you making me crazy." He asks what Robin (Daddy) is doing all day long. He's quite funny if you can understand him!
\
John loves his brothers. He and William play well together and he elicits lots of laughs from the carpool ladies when he yells, "Danny Boy" at the top of his lungs when I open the van doors. He'll be well known at St. Paul's years before he begins school.
I admit to parenting him a little differently. Not in the discipline category. I hope. Well, maybe a little. More in the totally relaxed category. Like letting him pick out his own clothes on a school day...hello tacky camouflage Walmart shirt. Or letting him wear his Spiderman costume up to the St. Paul's office to sign Philip out. So much more relaxed.
What a joy you are, John Dawson! I'm looking forward to my last few years at home with a little boy because you make it so much fun!!
Love the crayon holder! :)
ReplyDelete