Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Recovering

In addition to the ice storm, we all have been recovering from the stomach bug here.  I won't give you the details, but everyone in the house has been affected in some form or fashion.  So the three days off of school in the middle of the week were a real necessity here.

Daniel seemed unaffected and by far had the most fun in the ice.  He played hard outside and loved every minute of his time out of school.  Then he fell to the bug Thursday night thus ensuring himself of another day off from school.

I enjoyed having him home on Friday.  He and I get little time alone and so I was thankful when John when down for a nap and it was just him and me.  After finishing up a little housework, I asked if he wanted to snuggle and read a bit.  (Snuggling and reading was Philip and I's favorite thing to do when he was out of school.)  He politely asked if we could do a puzzle together instead.  I don't know when my mother brain will stop trying to push his peg into a hole fit for Philip!  They are so alike and yet different...I sometimes forget!

This weekend brought Chris' trip to the hunting camp alone, and I was thankful for yet some more days at home for us to completely kick this bug.  The boys and I have taken it easy and it's been nice.  Have I ever mentioned that we really don't get tired of being at home???

Friday night brought pizza and popcorn and a movie.  No pictures...sorry.

Saturday brought more puzzles....(Daniel started something!)




and a walk/bike ride around the park.


realized that he could ride his bike in his brace...what can't he do??
and then a rare moment of frustration when Mom wouldn't let him walk all the way around the block

All in all fun times with the boys.  Thankful for our slow days that pass too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment