Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Bowl Party 2014

If you remember (and if not, read here!), we had a family fun Super Bowl party last year.  It was a first for us and while it was fun I didn't realize that it was going to become an expected tradition.  Funny the things that they latch on to.

So at the boys frequent requests, I intended to have a repeat.  But then we had the ice storm, followed by the stomach bug, followed by Chris' weekend at the woods alone.  I was pretty tired and just not too enthused.  I was about to let it go on Sunday morning but I could tell I was headed for big disappointment.  So after church, with Chris home from the woods, I headed out to the store to get the preparations.

We had fruit and cheese kabobs...(a big hit..gone before I even got one...gone before kick-off)




veggies and hummus...


smoked chicken wings...


and a healthy take on seven layer dip that was really good!


William got in the kitchen with me to make some yummy football cookies.


not my best icing job...I was tired at this point!!
We even had a special visitor!


I didn't watch much of the game.  Between the cooking, cleaning, and visiting with Aunt Susan, my attention was not on the screen!  Oh well, glad I could keep the tradition alive for the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment