Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Summer Life

I have to admit the first two weeks of summer were blissful.  Not much on the calendar and just time to lie around and enjoy each other's company.  I think I even said to Chris one night...I can't believe that I get to stay at home and do this all day.  It is so much fun!

Then around week three, we started swimming lessons and spent a lot of time at the church preparing a new atrium.  The days became busier and boys became more tired.  It definitely got a little harder...and not quite so blissful.  But we are still having fun!


William and John have been doing great at swimming lessons.  This video is from week one and they have even improved tons since then!


One of the highlights of our summer is watching Dad play softball in the lawyer league.  Last night the boys enjoyed a game of their own with a few new friends.  A tennis ball and a stick were all they needed!  After Dad scored the winning run to end the game, Philip proclaimed that was the most fun night ever!


I would be remiss if I didn't mention the great Daddy that we celebrated on Sunday.  Chris is the BEST dad to these four little boys.  I had Catechesis of the Good Shepherd training at Trinity all weekend, and so sweet Daddy took four boys to the hunting camp.  Meaning...he woke up on Father's Day and fixed breakfast for everyone...instead of having breakfast in bed.  I had the quiet morning instead of him!!  That's just how he is...always giving...always supporting me!  We are so thankful for him.

The boys had fun creating this spoof of "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" for him for Father's Day!  It is so true that when Chris is at home, the boys are constantly pounding him to do something...play football, swing, build with Legos, etc.  If he isn't at work, he is at home playing with his boys.  It is what makes him so great!


I'll leave you with this clown eating his refrigerator oats for breakfast this morning.  It seems he only makes faces for the camera these days!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Anne! I love your posts! Please keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete