Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Saturday, May 31, 2014

This Is How We Roll

First week of summer done...and this is how we roll.


These two have discovered chess.  Chris and I have learned to play as well and it has created quite the competitions!


An unexpected trip to the Exploreum after our plans to go to the pool got canceled due to rain three days in a row!!  The boys always love playing there and with our membership it is free!!




The three big guys got summer workbooks.  It always amazes me how much they enjoy these!  They spend their quiet time in the afternoons working in these or reading.  Keeping those minds sharp!


Playdates with the Davidson crew.  Always fun.  Always wild.



We've spent a little time putting out fires...


Impromptu naps are always nice...especially from this guy that never naps!


My favorite part is all the reading we are able to do and the time that I am able to give each child.  While Philip and Daniel are long past needing to practice their reading to me, they still love for me to read to the them.  I'm currently reading the Hardy Boys to Philip, the fifth Harry Potter to Daniel, and Charlotte's Web to William.  William is truly in the sensitive period for learning to read.  He begs me to sit and work with him on his reading.  He's come so far in just the two weeks he has been out.

And perhaps the funniest is how all three bigger boys gather whenever I read books they used to love to John.  I laughed to myself the other day when all three climbed on the couch to join John and me while we read some Thomas the Tank Engine stories!  The school year is so busy and while we still read every night it is rushed.  Summer allows us to settle in, get comfy, and truly enjoy a good book!

One week in and we are having fun.  I imagine that by August, I'll be quite ready to send them off but until then we'll enjoy this relaxed living.

No comments:

Post a Comment