| No...he wasn't drinking beer that early...those went in to the pan |
The result was not only beautiful, but one of the most delicious turkeys ever!!
We had a crowd...GranGran, PopPop, Dee, Aunt Elizabeth, Aunt Susan, Uncle Rob, Campbell, Uncle Cameron, and Aunt Heather!! We love big family dinners. Everyone brought a dish, so hosting truly was easy and fun. The whole meal was incredible!
Of course, our favorite part was the time to play with all the company. A lot of outside time and a little relaxing watching football after the meal. Aunt Elizabeth stayed until late in the evening, making the boys very happy.
There's so much to be thankful for these days, but mostly I am thankful for all these folks (and those that couldn't be with us) that surrounded my table for Thanksgiving dinner. I'll leave you with a verse that was shared in a Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Thanksgiving e-mail. I see several "thanksgiving" verses this time of year, but this one I had not heard and it touched me in a special way, considering many of my prayers these days revolve around fostering bone growth!
"And now, bless the God of all,
who has done wondrous things on Earth;
Who fosters people's growth from their mother's womb,
and fashions them according to his will!
May he grant you joy of heart
and peace remain among you!"
Sirach 50:22, 23
No comments:
Post a Comment