Friday brought my fifth annual Westminster Mother's Day Tea. Loved my time with Johnny. Our place at the table was marked by this picture...
On Saturday, we all rose early to serve breakfast at All Saint's to the families staying there for Family Promise. This little outreach has been a good one for our family...cooking for others just comes easy. There were two little boys staying there and our four ran around outside with them and shared their Legos. A good start to our morning.
Then we headed over to Creek Fest to celebrate Three Mile Creek. Lots of neighborhood fun!
We ended the day by having GranGran and PopPop for dinner. We celebrated Dad's birthday and Mother's Day in one meal. I didn't take any pictures, but boy am I grateful for the example of these two. My sweet mama shows her selfless love day in and day out. She takes in my sick boys when I have commitments to keep without considering her own health. She doesn't do chit chat but listens like no other. She sets the mothering bar high and without a doubt I rise up and call her blessed!
And then without fanfare, Mother's Day arrived. I slept in...6:20 am...and was slowly greeted by each of my boys. Daniel brought me this in bed...(it says I love you in Legos!)
Chris cooked us all pancakes and then we readied ourselves for church. We attended St. Luke's for the special occasion of Reagan's baptism. Oh how I love a baptism!! It was a beautiful service and Father Cumbie did a great job of reminding this mama that these babies do not belong to me. I need to hear that every. single. day.
Cameron and Heather served us all a delicious lunch and we had a fabulous time just being with family. Chris and I are so blessed to have much of our family here with us!
So thankful for the four little boys that call me Mama. Next to wife, it is the most important title I'll ever hold.
No comments:
Post a Comment