While waiting in traffic, this guy writes on his white board..."I love Kindergarten. I don't want to leave." Sweet boy. I promise 1st grade is tons of fun!
And when Mom got home, a little watermelon snack!
Mostly just pictures to share....maybe an explanation or funny story to go with it...
This kid lost a tooth on the trip. Pulled it himself. His catch phrase of the week was OMG. Said it a hundred times.
Philip and Daniel still read a ton. Both of their summer reading requirements were done before the first week of summer. Love their love of reading.
Philip could tube all day long. It used to be that I had to tube with him to keep the tube weighted down. After tubing for a bit this day and feeling my age, I suggested he try alone. He was willing and thankfully able!!
Island hopping by boat is always a favorite for us...
This hair....I love it!!!
Pool is always a hit. Philip loved to dive for items when he and Daniel weren't having a jumping contest or races. William didn't remember that he really can swim until the last day, and John wasn't super brave, but boy did he love floating on his Daddy's feet. That water is ice cold. Somehow Chris and I avoided getting in the pool!
Saturday brought great swimming waves in the Gulf. The weather turned very windy and thus the gulf got rough on Sunday and Monday. I'm glad the boys had this opportunity to swim a little. Daniel especially loved riding the waves!
When the Gulf got too rough, the sand did the trick. The boys did a ton of coming up with fortresses, drainage tunnels, etc. When all else fails, Dad is always willing to bury a boy!
When the weather got iffy, we headed out and did a little shopping! These guys are sporting their new swim shirts.
The last night we headed to Cobalt for dinner as a family. These guys have grown up so much. We don't eat out much, but I did realize that dinner out is relatively easy...just really expensive!
We were sad to leave on Tuesday morning but the coming rain did make things a little easier. Can't wait to get back down there later this summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment