It was one of those mornings...rain and lots of it. What are three little boys to do? Well, we managed until about 10:30. Then, despite a really hard rainstorm, we loaded up and decided to go to storytime!


Watching me unload the car had to be comical. I sat on the center console and got the Baby Bjorn ready. Loaded William, and then crawled out the back door with an umbrella. I then carried Daniel and William while Philip walked close by. We made it....and of course it quit raining soon after.
It was worth it though. I've been taking Philip to see Ms. Val at the library since he was 6 months old. He's always remained glued to my lap with no interest in singing or dancing. He's always been a good listener, though, and for that I am grateful. Today he branched out. He sang, danced, and listened. His enthusiasm rubbed off on Daniel who before now has followed in big brothers shy footsteps.
William took it all in. Loved having new people to see and hear!
The best thing about library day is all the new books. Daniel, who has an insane ability to check out all the Christmas books year round, enjoys hearing these tales before his nap. Then Philip and I crawl in bed and do lots of reading. Today, I fell asleep reading to him (happens a lot I'm afraid). He crawled out of bed, played a little, apparently changed clothes, and then decided that a nap sounded good. Why he didn't get back in bed with me, I don't know. I'll brace myself for the fight to get him into bed tonight, but for now will enjoy the quiet house!
No comments:
Post a Comment