Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Friday, September 18, 2009

Tankie

I want to record some thoughts today on my middle son, Daniel. Blogging for me is really a place to record my thoughts so that I can look back and remember how the boys and I filled our days, the sweet and funny things the boys do and say, etc.



Daniel, aka TankTank or Tankie, is now 27 months old and such a pleasure! He starts his morning off between 5:00 and 6:00 with a trip to the potty and then snuggle time in bed with Mom. This time together is wonderful for me. Before I had children, I would love to wake up and lay in bed...not for too long, but I could handle up to 30 minutes of quiet time...time to plan my day, say my prayers, etc. Chris has always been one to pop out of bed and get his day started...not me. So quiet time in bed with Daniel is right up my alley. We don't talk, usually don't sleep, just snuggle up, suck our thumbs (okay, really only he does that!), and get our selves together before everyone else gets up.

Here he is on his first day of school. He was heartbroken that Philip was not in his classroom anymore. It took at least two weeks to get him to go in without crying. He still has a little anxiety before the day gets started, but he has a good time while he's there. He loves having Katherine as his very own friend! He loves going to the classroom and making artwork to show Daddy at night!

During the day, he can be a pistol. Carrying his stool around to climb and get into to things. He loves both of his brothers immensely. I often say his heart is three sizes too big. If he has something Philip wants, he hands it to him without a fight. I often hear him say, "I want my Pullup." That means Philip! He also loves to play with William. If William is laying on his stomach (which is whenever he is on the floor since he always rolls over), Daniel lays down and does tummy time too. He loves to see William suck his thumb...just like him!

His vocabulary is growing in leaps and bounds daily. My favorite saying right now is, "I get that for my birthday cake?" He uses this to refer to anything he wants or anything he may want to do when he gets bigger. Cracks me up.

So for my records, Daniel at 27 months, you can:
  • pretty much say whatever you want....6 to 8 word sentences are your norm
  • jump on two feet and run pretty fast...although your form does leave a little to be desired!
  • almost ride your tricycle...you practice it everyday!
  • use the potty without accidents...such a blessing!
  • color pretty well...lots of times not on appropriate surfaces, but oh well.
  • distinguish colors
  • count to ten and recognize those numbers
  • melt your parents' heart with one smile!

Each of the boys is such a blessing in their own way...how wonderful that they are all different. Will write a post on the others later!

No comments:

Post a Comment