Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Philip's Birthday

Well, we survived our first friend birthday party!! On Saturday, we had 23 kids here at our house for Philip's fourth birthday party. Very low key...Chris did spray paint a football field (complete with the Crimson Tide A) in the yard and he built goal posts out of PVC pipes...other than that, we just planned to let the kids play in the yard with our outside toys.

Play they did. The field wasn't the attraction I thought it would be, but everyone loved the Gator. It worked hard, but eventually gave out from all the traffic!
The cupcakes were a hit!

Philip had a blast...Daniel did too. Thanks to Susan and Rob, William had constant attention too!

On Sunday, his actual birthday, we went to church as usual. After a quiet afternoon, we had the grandparents and Susan and Rob over to celebrate. Phil fried some chicken, and I fixed mac and cheese, green beans, and a salad. Then we had a Thomas cake...Philip had been asking for it since he turned three!

I think Philip had a great weekend...loved all the attention! I loved that he shared the limelight with Daniel well and Daniel was very willing to let Philip be the center of attention. I realized this weekend how close of friends they are becoming. So fun to watch.
As you can see in the photo below, the Norvells put an end to an ongoing argument. By giving Philip a new Crimson Tide jersey, Daniel inheirted the old one! Now everyone's happy! I guess gone are the days of cute outfits made by mom for the birthday party!!

We're all a little worn out from it all. William slept 14 hours Sunday night!! Daniel is still trying to catch up. Hard work, but we survived and will do it again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment