Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

Four years ago, when Philip was not even three months old, some dear friends invited us to spend New Year's at Lake Martin with them.

We had so much fun, we went back the next year...

The lake house belongs to my old friend Caroline's in-laws. It is a beautiful wood cabin...nice and comfortable. Caroline's in-laws are incredible hosts. There's always more food than we can eat! Well, the invitations from the past were nice, but I honestly I thought they were crazy when they invited us back this year.

Six children under the age of five...sounds chaotic, right. Well, it may have been at times but for the most part it was actually calm. The kids had a blast playing with their friends that they just don't get to see often enough.

We watched and played some football....

I was proud of my oldest son. Frank tried hard to get him to wear an Auburn tattoo. He politely declined. Luckily for him, Frank's parents are Alabama fans and an appropriate tattoo was found for him!

We played outside...football, walks in the woods, throwing rocks, croquet....




We napped...William and Chris especially...

But most importantly, we played with friends...




It was a great trip. So much fun to be with old friends...ones that you don't have to impress...ones that understand two year old meltdowns...ones that laugh with you when you forget the kids' pajamas and they subsequently sleep in the clothes they have been in all day.

Caroline and Frank...thank you so much for inviting us. We had a blast and hope to invite y'all to the beach for another reunion this summer!!

1 comment:

  1. See I knew you could do much ~so much~ better than I was able to do! It was a wonderful time that I hope to do over and over again as our little ones grow up and we grow old.

    ReplyDelete