Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January Happenings

All is well here...not a lot happening...and that is okay by me!

We had a great weekend. Cold and quiet. I cooked two fabulous meals...tried out three new recipes that were a hit. It is so great to have time on the weekend to experiment in the kitchen. I cooked a chicken pot pie from Barefoot Contessa's Family Style one night and oven roasted ribs from The Lady and Son's Savannah Country Cookbook along with corn pudding from same Barefoot Contessa cookbook above. All were great!

I've never cooked ribs before...in fact, I don't really like them, but all of my boys (well, William remains to be seen!) love them. This recipe was easy...only four ingredients!!! Philip and Daniel ate three apiece! As you see, Daniel enjoyed his!


Speaking of eating, William has become quite the foodie himself. Around Christmas, I started giving him a little bit of food from the table. Now, he refuses baby food and demands to eat table food. His form cracks us up. He can pick the food up but because they are in such little pieces (we still have no teeth) he has trouble getting it into his mouth. He does pretty good for 8 months though! He loves turkey...having trouble finding a fruit that he likes and can eat without teeth. He refuses bananas, cantalope, and grapes! Here he is at lunch yesterday....

So while I cooked, Chris manned the fireplace. We pretty much had a fire burning all weekend. The boys watched the National Championship game Friday night and Saturday morning with Chris. I think Chris enjoyed watching it again more than Philip and Daniel did!

Chris and my dad also did a little kitchen renovation. Have you ever seen my kitchen....
WARNING: these pictures were taken before we moved in...that's why the clutter is missing!


It needs renovating, right??? Oh well, all I got was this...


At least it doesn't drip like the old one!

All is quiet here. Sweet GranGran has the older boys (to keep her company, she says!) and William is napping. He is fighting a nasty cold that had him up until 1:00 am two nights ago! I'm off to begin planning out Easter outfits for the boys. It's never too early to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment