Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Random Musing on a Wednesday night...

First, to borrow a blog title from a friend...If a picture is worth a thousand words...


then this explains my life right now. Yes, it is January 13th and I just tonight took down the scarecrow from my front door. Downright embarrassing!! We're backdoor people here, so I guess I just forgot about it. I promised my neighbor that I'd have it down by Valentine's Day!

I'm hosting about 20 people next week for the kick-off of my church's Capital Campaign, and I'm guessing that those people will use the front door. Didn't think the scarecrow should be the first to greet them.

Maybe I ought to fix this too??


Hate for people to get stuck here. Chris says that I don't open the door "correctly" so the knob keeps coming off. I turn, I pull. I wonder...how do you open your door?

I digress...I want to know...Won't you be my neighbor??


This house next door is for sale. Since I only have about three blog readers (four counting Chris...but I don't want him to be my neighbor...I prefer he stay here!), I want to know if you will be my neighbor?

Caroline...we'd have a ball. We could sew and watch the kids run and play. It's on a double lot, so Frank could lead all the boys in a great game of football. Chris and I would love to come over for dinner on the weekends since y'all are always graciously entertaining your friends and their families. Plus, your kids would be close to their new cousin this spring. Think about it, okay?

MD...we'd also have fun watching the kids play and drinking some coffee in the morning, wine in the pm. You could help me chaffure Mom around town. You'd be close to family and friends. We'd also be happy to eat some of Morgan's gourmet Sunday dinners! Think about it okay??

Elizabeth...move back to Mobile...we miss you. The boys and I would entertain Fri and Lily while you are at work. There's a double lot...lots of room for them to run. In return, I'd send the boys over early Saturday morning to help entertain you while I sleep. Guess that isn't an incentive, huh. Oh well, they love playing with you and would love having you so close. Think about it okay???

Since I know none of you will likely pull through, I'll let you know my real first choice for my neighbor. My Aunt Meme. She lives in Tuscaloosa with her husband. We talked tonight. Meme loves my children, loves me, and isn't shy about it. I'll never forget the message she left on my machine one night. Chris and I were entertaining and didn't answer the phone. Meme begins the message by singing "I just called to say I love you." She sang the whole chorus much to the pleasure of our company!


Meme would be great...she teach the boys all sorts of things...Tsali, her lab, and Roxy could play...Neilson and Chris could discuss bank stocks. I think I'll have to work on her. We're all going up to visit them in a month!!

Sorry for the off the wall post. Now Chris is home...time to go to bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment