Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Another Sunrise

I was out jogging yesterday when I passed an old drunk on Dauphin Street. He walked toward me and got in my personal space. For some reason, I wasn't threatened. He stuck his finger in my face and said, "another sunrise." He kept walking and I laughed at the wisdom of his words...another sunrise indeed.

We had a great week. School continued to go great for Daniel. No anxiety...no tears...no hesitation. He loved it! Philip had a cramped social schedule. We had play dates with Mary at the pool, with lots of old school buddies at the Exploreum, with Pape at our house, and Madison at both our house and Honey's house. It was a great for him to be with old friends as he ventures into making new ones next week!

Friday night both boys made me smile...stories that have to be recorded...

First, Daniel...

after I bathed him, I told him to go get his pajamas. He didn't listen and went in his room. He was dancing and singing naked. I was about to yell at him from the bathroom to get dressed when Philip said, "Mom, listen." I stopped...am now embarrassed that I almost missed it.

Daniel was singing and dancing in a circle to "The Lord is My Shepherd." It's one of our atrium songs. The lyrics are:

The Lord is my shepherd; I'll walk with him always. He knows me and he loves me; I'll walk with him always. Always, always, I'll walk with him always. Always, always, I'll walk with him always.

Philip heard him and recognized it and quickly joined in. It was so precious to hear those words from little Daniel's mouth. He hasn't even begun Sunday School yet, but if those lyrics are all he ever gets from it I'm okay.

About a half an hour later, Philip reminded me that he may still need a little Christian education.


As mentioned before, he is very into Star Wars right now. He comes in the kitchen and asks me, "Mama, where have I heard 'May the force be with you'?" I told him from Star Wars. He then replies, "Oh, I thought Father Matthew said that at church." After a good laugh, I explained!

Saturday brought a great family day...reptiles at the Exploreum, a trip to Daddy's office to simply look out the windows, and lunch on the Causeway. So nice to have Daddy home all day!

I'll leave you with a picture from this morning....Sweet William enjoying his first ever doughnut!

No comments:

Post a Comment