Today was Philip's first day of PK-4. We started things off with homemade buttermilk pancakes and bacon!
Here's the big guy before we left home. I had something else picked out to wear, but he asked for his red polo...easy switch...love how he wants to look nice!
Here he is goofing off with his best buddy who obviously looks up to his older brother.
I got the younger boys to Trinity at 8:51 and was at Philip's school by 9:01! Not bad!! Philip did great...just like Daniel...no anxiety, no tears, no hesitation. I walked him to his class, introduced him to his teacher, and headed out! I did snap one of he and his teacher discussing "coins."
When I picked him up this afternoon, his teacher said, "He's cool. He told me all about Star Wars!" Not surprising. He said he had fun and is ready to go back tomorrow!
It may not seem too momentous, but this step is a big one for us. Up until now, school consisted of Trinity...a place that my children (I hope) would call a second home...a place where we as a family spend a considerable amount of time. Philip stepped out of that comfort zone today and totally rose to the challenge. He's such an impressive young guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment