Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Monday, August 30, 2010

Some down time with this guy...


It seems that Philip is always up for an adventure. Ready to follow his Daddy anywhere. Daniel prefers being at home...wonder where he got that from??

So yesterday, Chris told the boys that he was headed out to Uncle Cameron and Aunt Heather's house to work on the boat. Both were invited...Philip went, Daniel stayed.

At first, I was frustrated. I so wanted both to go so I could have some time alone (William was napping). But I decided to put on a smile and enjoy some down time with Daniel.

I needed cookies for his Open House tonight and some to take along with dinner to a family with a new baby. So of course when I asked if he wanted to help, he agreed.

He got to do all the dumping, stirring, mixing, and tasting himself...


Then when it was time to wash dishes, he went outside and rode his bike. He later moved on to driving the Gator...
(By the way, this is my favorite Daniel face. It is a shy little grin that says "I know you think I am the most adorable kid in the world, but I'm not sure how to respond to that!")

We finished our down time together by reading several Star Wars books!

That's the great thing about Daniel. He loves to be with you, but he understands when there's work to do. He can entertain himself beautifully. I thoroughly enjoyed my time alone with him.

I love having more than one child. I think it is such a blessing to have siblings. However, I do wish that I had more alone time with each child. I think it is so important for them to be the "only" for a short period of time. I need to find away to do that more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment