The difference isn't only in his appearance. Last year we had a rocky start. We were adjusting to being potty-trained, being in a class without Philip around, among others. Daniel cried when I left him last year.
Not this year. He went happily to Ms. Pat's class. Backpack on his back...Sheep Baba inside just in case...holding sweet Preston's hand. No tears. So proud of my big boy.
Today also brought this guy's first day of school ever!
He definitely shed some tears. I almost did too. Honestly, he seemed much too young to be going to school. It's a must if I am going to teach Catechesis beginning in September, and I know he'll do fine...but for the first time I thought to myself that maybe two is a better age to start school.
Regardless, he did great. My new favorite thing to do with William is to spend a few minutes "conversing" with him after bedtime stories. It's usually just me and him. I ask him questions...he generally nods his head no or says "nu-uh" regardless of the question. So of course I asked him the typical first day of school questions tonight..."did you have fun?"..."who did you play with"...etc. Typical male, I didn't get much information.
Philip does not start school until next week. He and I had a great time today. We spent most of it at the pool with Mary and her mom. It was great to be able to give all of my attention to just him. My heart aches at the thought of him going to school five days a week!!
All in all, first day was a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment