Because I know that you are in suspense as to how our Lego-free day went, I feel compelled to inform you.
Our morning started out well. The boys usually build for an hour before school, but not today! Instead, we sat on the couch and read the Lego catalog. Not a stellar start to a Lego free day, but I had to start slowly...didn't want anyone to get the shakes. It does get better, I promise.
As soon as I pick Daniel up from school, he says to me, "Mom, I really want to build today." I remind him it's just a short break.
Once William is down for his nap, we read, color and work on writing our letters.
William wakes up from his very short nap in a fabulous (I hope you can hear my sarcasm there) mood. Perfect, stroller for him...bike ride for the big boys...
We stop in the park and find all sorts of adventures...
When we got home, William continued to be a bear. I took his temperature and was surprised to find out it was 101.6. He fell asleep on my chest. I thought we were over all the bad germs, but apparently not. While I went to call Mom to ask Dad to stop by after work, the boys did this...
Maybe they do need a 12 step program for Lego/Duplo addiction! I didn't get mad because I didn't specifically take away the Duplos. I didn't see a need to since they haven't been played with in awhile. Oh well, no Legos...Duplos are the next best thing.
Dad came by and diagnosed a double ear infection!!! Poor guy...poor Mom!
It's been a long week and a half. Sick me, sick children, busy husband who hasn't been around to provide a second set of hands. Thankfully PopPop not only diagnoses the ear infections, he delivers the antibotics! Hopefully, tomorrow will be better for William.
I know tomorrow will be better for Philip and Daniel. They've already shown me what they can't wait to build with their imaginations. It could be worse...it isn't a tv addiction or a video game addiction. They are addicted to being creative and using their brains to build really cool things. What Mom in her right mind would squelch that???
I love your post but so sorry William is still under the weather. Thank goodness for Dr.Dan! Hope the big boys have fun building this afternoon and that the antibiotics have kicked in so that the little one gets a good long nap. Love, C
ReplyDelete