Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Day

New Year's weekend will be remembered as a constant change of plans! We started out with the annual trip to Lake Martin with the Springfields. Yes, Chris and I thought Caroline and Frank were off the rocker when they invited us...they are expecting #4 really soon, but we always have a good time so we agreed.


Well, baby Springfield played some tricks on them early in the week and our trip had to be canceled. Sweet Caroline promised an invitation for next year...now we know they're crazy. Eight children six and under????


So, plan B...the hunting camp. Chris took Thursday off and headed up that afternoon. After a playdate with the Davidsons Friday morning, the boys and I headed that way.


We arrived at the trailer in Uriah in time for rain...and lots more to come. Then the talk of tornados (or torpedos as the boys referred to them). Chris and I made a game time decision to head back home. While we checked the weather and loaded the cars, the boys watched Star Wars on Chris' laptop. Even William watched for a minute of two...





Once home, we fixed a fabulous meal...filet mignons, roasted asparagus, and sweet potato casserole. The boys went to bed...Mom and Dad were not far behind.


New Year's Day brought a day of fun at home...despite the crummy weather. Another good meal...Hoppin' John and cabbage rolls that Susan brought over. Aunt Susan and Uncle Rob came to watch the Alabama game with us.


The boys loved having Uncle Rob around to read them some of their new Star Wars pop-up book!



Sus and I slipped off to Best Buy to look at new toys. I have been interested in an e-reader since they came out. I finally step out and purchased a Nook. I love it, but it is quite addicting. I have already purchased three books. It is so easy!!!


Sunday brought church and an afternoon at home relaxing. It was a great weekend...a great way to end our Christmas break. I'm not looking forward to school starting back up. The boys and I have had so much fun not having to get in the car. Routines are good, though, I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment