A Wonderful Day...a wonderful weekend. Today sweet baby John was baptized and welcomed to the community of Christ.
It was a special day. Our church community has been displaced for over a year while we restored our sanctuary. We had many hours invested in the restoration, and it felt oh so good to re-enter the church today for worship. It looked incredible...the facility itself...but even more so to see it packed...standing room only!
I need to back up, though. Last night we celebrated! We celebrated John's baptism the night before with our family. We had a great dinner with great company. John slept through the majority of it...another blessing! All four boys enjoyed the extra sets of hands to play with!
My best attempt at all four boys. I have a feeling getting a decent shot of these guys will be difficult for the next few years!
I couldn't have pulled the evening off without the help of this one...
John's godmother...Aunt Mary Dawson. She arrived ready to work and work she did. She played with the boys (even though she was supposed to be enjoying a much deserved vacation from her own children), she held John, she polished silver, and decorated my tables with beautiful flower arrangements. Best of all, she provided me with some adult conversation! Many, many thanks MD for your hard work, but most of all for agreeing to be an active participant in John's spiritual life.
I apologize that I have few shots from the actual day. The reality is that John was fussy through most of the service. The service lasted at least two hours...a long time for little boys to sit still on the front row! Chris and I's hands were full and pictures were the last thing on our minds at the time. I did get one with Father Matthew and the Bishop...
And some with his godparents...Aunt Mary Dawson and Jason Weekley.
John, you are a blessing to our family, and we are thrilled that you are the newest member of the Christian community. As you have now receieved the light of Christ through baptism, I hope that you will let that light shine in you always!
No comments:
Post a Comment